Tuesday, July 7, 2009

RIDDLE ME THIS

I have a riddle that I can't seem to figure out. I need help understanding.

I had my blood work done a year ago - before I started to lose ANY weight at all
and this was my results as far as cholesterol goes:

Cholesterol: 173
Triglycerides: 134
HDL: 36
LDL: 110
Normal is
Cholesterol: 100-199
Tri: 0-149
HDL (good cholesterol): 40-59
LDL (bad cholesterol): 0-99
So I was a little high in the LDL and a little low in the HDL. SOOO I work out, I lose 60+ pounds (more now) but 60 when I had my labs re-done, and here are my results.
Cholesterol: 179
Tri: 89
HDL: 35
LDL: 126
So my question is how can this be? How can my over all cholesterol go up, my good cholesterol get lower and my bad cholesterol get higher? I am doing EXACTLY what I am supposed to do! My numbers were better when I was sitting on my butt eating Bon Bons. Why? Why? Why? Pray tell! I know that my current numbers aren't that bad - but I am stressed. I am re-doing the labs in a few months so I am hoping that there is an improvement, but in the mean time why did they get worse?

No comments: