Saturday, March 21, 2009

Celebrating my successes

So I have been really buckling down on my diet and weight loss regime for the last few months.
I have been through my Dr to a nutritionist and to a weight loss clinic. I have stayed on a 1200 calorie a day diet for a while, it starts that you feel like you are starving, but then you get used to it. Then I was on the next phase of liquid meal replacement for several weeks, although I did allow myself to eat dinner with my family, now I am back to 6 small meals through out the day, and one or two is a meal replacement shake. Our meals have become less fattening through this process so it's better for the family.

I have been losing weight but not at the speed that I was hoping for, now that I have my thyroid in check, I thought that the pounds would just fly off.
So I was complaining to my Dr and his nurse about it the slow progress and they told me that I am too uptight. I need to celebrate my successes and not worry so much about the scale.
Before my hernia surgery I was burning at least 600 calories 4 days a week at the gym plus weights, I gave myself 6 days to recover from surgery and have been back to the gym since Monday, although I am taking it much slower then normal and am not permitted to do the weights just yet, I am burning avg 300-500 calories a day, just depends on my endurance for the day.

So - my successes to date:
I finally weigh what I did when Ava was conceived (still a lot to weigh)
Since Jan. 16, 09 I have lost 27 pounds
This week I wore pants that I haven't worn since 2006, before Ava was conceived, they are still muffin toppy but that's ok. I still have a muffin top
I have lost 10 inches over my body - from Jan. 12 - Feb. 28th - I haven't measured for March yet.
People who see me say my face looks thinner, Rita said it is starting to look like I crapped my pants, it is a compliment from her, trust me.

My doc says I am too neurotic, I have to allow myself to be happy for what I have done so far you can't keep your goal constantly out of reach. I guess that is why Weight Watchers must work for so many people because they get the constant raw raw raw stuff from each other. I find it annoying personally.

I want to be down 20 more pounds by the time we go to Vegas, I am not sure that my family will notice a 27 lb weight loss, I guess it depends on when they saw me last and how fat I was then. But I am pretty sure they would notice a 47lb weight loss. They will all notice now - since I am posting this! Ha Ha

So this is my RAW RAW RAW moment for myself! I think that I will do these from time to time to buoy myself up.

Just did my March measurements: 8 1/2 down for March which is 18 1/2 inches total since Jan. 16th

6 comments:

Erica said...

another success: I have had NO carbonated soda since March 9th. And everything I eat, sweets wise, is sugar free.

Me said...

RAW, RAW, RAW!! GO ERICA!!! Iknew you were doing well, but to see it all spelled out like that really made it sink it. That is sooo incredible! Good for you!

Greta said...

Wahooooo! I am proud of you. And you ARE too hard on yourself, you always have been. And you CAN'T compare youself to other people (which I know you used to do), you need to compare where you are now with where you have been. Way to go.

Ben and Taryn said...

That is awesome girl!! I hope you come see us when you visit Vegas!

Erica said...

Thanks for your support Holly, Greta and Taryn! It takes some one who has known you since the first grade to know my faults! HAHA I have given up comparing myself to anyone else's anything - it is very liberating, I don't care who's car or house is bigger - I am happy. I just need to get healthy for me, ya know.
Taryn, I am working something out with Tara now - since she will be there but leaving Sunday morning and we won't be there till Sunday Morning - trying to make as few stops as possible

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

27 POUNDS????? Since January???? I am amazed!!!! It takes me an entire year just to lose five! You are doing awesome! Good job Erica! What kind of a diet and workout are you doing? I am trying to develop some better habits myself and it really does take all of my concentration. I just hope it will start to be second nature after a while. Way to go!