Sunday, April 5, 2009

pictures and update

Ava eating cake


After basketball ice cream cone


Ava loves the mcd's ice cream


I think this is chocolate pudding
She is a chocoholic

A little bit relaxing with Dad and reading a book




Brooklyn at band a rama



Naliea w/ her friend at her birthday party


Naliea opening presents

Jase at Naliea's party

Ava loves to climb into Snoopy's bed and then they just jocky for position

She is a future wrestler, she crawls under him to move him

This is him trying to take up as much space as possible



Now he is trying to push her out





He usually gives up

Auntie Shannon gave her this dress for Christmas - I love it - it is soo Jacque O - too bad these were the only good pictures I could get of her.


Brooklyn on St Patty's Day


Piggy back ride to bed


Don finally fighting back


First game of the spring season was yesterday - still pretty cold outside at 10am - she played wonderfully!
This line caller kept blocking my view so I figured he must want a picture of his butt eating his pants

Ava playing a little soccer

She's already good at ignoring me

pre tantrum
So cute she threw everything outside the crib but this pillow and we snuck in on her sleeping on it - how cute!


So what has been going on the last few months or so?
Don is still working at a job we hate - but hey - he is employed and bringing home a paycheck. He gets to graduate in less than a month - May 9th. We just got the announcements so I need to get them sent out. He will officially be done with his Bachellors in July but in May he can start applying for new jobs.
I am still in school taking 9 credits almost done with this semester. I am making good grades - I am actually getting an A in math, which I never thought would happen. Other then that I am just the chef and taxi.
Brooklyn's year is finally winding down. Yearbook, math club and basketball are all over, she played indoor soccer until the spring season started, the indoor soccer is funny to watch - I didn't take any pictures. She is also still in the 5th grade band, and drama club, she is taking sign language from the Office Admin at her school, a deaf girl started school about 2 months ago, the office admin used to be a sign interpreter, she started teaching a sign club, the club got cut do to budget reasons but teh OA told us that Brooklyn was her star student and offered to teach her at our home. She is already to a conversation level. She is able to communicate w/ the little deaf girl and I am so impressed that she can pick up these new things so easily. She has talked about going on an ASL mission when she is older. I can't believe how many talents she has already found and is developing!
Ava is very determined! She has started throwing these Holy Royal Tantrums we have to leave church early, the grocery store ect. She is climbing on everything, she counts 1,2,3,4 and tries to sing the alphabet and do the signs with Brooklyn, it's funny she just moves her hand around.
We will be in Vegas Easter Sunday, however we are only making time to make a few visits - most of our time in Vegas will be spent doing touristy stuff and the time in Hurricane will be spent with my Grandma and Mom and Dad, both Gma and Mom are recovering from medical stuff of their own. We are looking forward to the visit and just relaxing.
Don't forget MAY 9TH, Don's graduation!
























2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry, I have several comments to make on this one: Oh man, Erica! You crack me UP! I love the picture of the guy's butt eating his pants. SO funny. I graduate on May 9th too!!! That is, if I survive and don't fail out of anything!!! I took 2 years of Sign language in college and love it! That's so cool that Brooklyn is learning! I've been REALLY bad at practicing since I stopped taking classes 2 years ago but I still remember most of it. The pictures of Ava and the dog are SO cute! ha ha. Loved it. Anyways, I'm glad you guys are doing well! Love ya!

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

I loved all of the posts too especially little Ava with the puppy! She seems quite determined and know what she wants! Her dress is absolutely adorable too! I am also seriously impressed with Brooklyn's ability to learn sign language so quickly! What doesn't Brooklyn do? She is amazing! I guess these girls get it all from their genius mom! I keep waiting for all of my geniusness to rub off onto my kids? Good job Erica! I hope we can make it over for Don's graduation. I am going to check my calendar right now! Love you!