Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ah some peace and quiet

Mmmm not actually. Brooklyn is at science camp this week. I just laid Ava down for a nap and she is screaming bloody murder in her crib. Standing up along the side yelling at the door and shaking the snot out of her crib.


I went outside for a bit - took a walk around the yard started the sprinklers came back in and she is still at it. I turned the TV on way loud, started the drying, turned the fans in both bathrooms and put a pair of ear plugs in! Now I have got some quiet.


~That was short lived ~ I took her to the pool and we played for a bit and now we are home and she is fighting a nap.

We have had an eventful month in May. Starting with Mother's Day weekend. We all went to Dayton to Oodles of Noodles was a pasta fest. Pay $5.00 and walk from booth to booth eating. It was awesome! after that we drove to Reno stopped and did some shopping. I bought a few shirts and stuff. Then over to RC Willey. I love that store. We went looking for a new entertainment center the thing we had before just wasn't cutting it - glass and metal around the baby all of the corners! She cracked her head on it at least 4 times - and it was ugly!! We found a nice entertainment center that looks more like it belongs in a family's house and not a frat house - and gives me a place for a lot of our pictures. Don also surprised me and bought a bed we found on clearance. It is a Simmons NXG it's their expensive mattress like $3 + thousand and he got it for less then a third of that, it was in the clearance section of the store - because the box spring was dirty?? Let me tell you world...stains should fear my husband!!! He can get nearly any stain out - and he did! It is soooo nice!! I love it! A good night sleep! The best Mother's Day gift ever!


About the 15th I had an MRI on my back. I am always jacking my lower back up some how. I have a couple bulging disks and 2 with fissures, nothing they can do about them. I can get a pain shot if I want - maybe i will? Also my 4 week thyroid test came back and my numbers are still low so he increased my synthroid dose barely and I have an appt with an endocrinologist the end of July.


Lorelei found out that she is having a BOY! Don will now have one of each in the grand kid dept.

Don's brother and sis-in-law are having a GIRL so Ava will have a little cousin to buddy around with and get into trouble with.

Brooklyn turned 10 this month. WHOA! I can't even believe that! She just finished 4th grade! Double WHOA! I just can't even believe it!
We planned to have her party at our house in our back yard and play a ton of fun water games and stuff since it was Memorial Day weekend. Well the high Friday was 59 and it rained off and on throughout her party. I can't believe this weather that we were having into June.
Brooklyn has also had an eventful end of 4th grade. I will blog about that when I have time. You will definitely want to read, "Maybe it's my sassy new hair cut or the blue highlights." I promise it will be worth the read. Back to her being 10~ I just can't believe it at all! It seems like just last year that she was 3! I look at pictures of her then and I struggle to think what the next 10 years will do. She is too tall for me to hold her in my lap and torture her like she is a baby. Oh man oh man!

Don had foot surgery about 3 weeks ago. His feet are so incredibly flat and due to that his feet just spread out wider and wider because there is no arch to absorb his steps. So the Dr. broke and shave and reshaped the outside bone on his left foot. It was a bigger surgery then the Dr. thought it was going to be - before the surgery the Dr. was pretty sure he'd be able to walk out of the office with no assistance and should be up on his feet during the weekend (surgery was Friday). By Friday night he was still in a considerable amount of pain and wanted me to call the Dr and yell at him because he couldn't walk! HAHA! I will not call the Dr. you just had the surgery today. Take another Vicodin! He took that week off of work also unexpectedly because it was more painful then he had anticipated. He is doing well now just can't be walking too much or soak it in water or anything.

I went to the LDS Food Storage Center - the Cannery this month! I had never been. But I have been getting really excited about food storage and preparedness. Mostly because I love a good bargain! I shop the Smith's case lot sale like it is going out of style. 12 pack Hormel Chili for less then 10 bucks! I will take a cart load! Our garage is insulated - it doesn't get too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer and we have turned one wall so far into food storage.
Our Bishop is stressing the need to have your 72 hour supply if nothing else, as we have been having quite a bit of earthquake activity around here, and where Carson City is located we only have 2 highways into the town so if anything happened to either of them our town would be paralyzed until the roads could be restored. In 1997? I think there was a flood and washed out one of the roads and the grocery stores were bare in a day or 2 because people weren't prepared for that type of event.
So anyway - I am in love with food storage! I loved the cannery. It was fun to make boxes and see all of that in action. I bought some rice and flour and potato pearls- Nummy (dehydrated potatoes, I made them for a family get together and no one knew they weren't real mashed potatoes!) Amazing! I try to account for a few extra people in my head when I plan for food storage and water storage. I have Bill - our next door neighbor - and Don's kids and grand kids. I have a good start to our storage. I do need to add some more stuff. It's a work in progress - one sale at a time you know. Actually our garage isn't really even food storage. It is an extension of my pantry. All of our canned goods and non perishables stay out there and that way I use it all. Besides why wouldn't I love it? It's about planning, shopping and getting good deals! Hello- that is so my cup o tea!

Father's Day was last week. It was very nice. Of course I didn't for over the kind of cash - or RC Willey card that Don did. We all went to Kung Fu Panda Saturday, his kids and the 4 of us, it was such a stinking cute movie! Loved it! Ava wasn't even that bad through it. Don and I took turns standing on the side of the theatre with her but she didn't scream a bunch or anything.
Oh we did get soda dumped on us from behind. We usually have to sit in the "quick release" seats on the first level so we can get up and down with the baby. Don and I sat there with the baby and the rest of the family, Brooklyn, Ryan and Lori, Ricky, Deidra and Naliea all sat 2 rows behind us. Well there was a family with a maybe 4 year old girl with them. During the movie we were showered with soda, I asked Don if it was and accident or a child. He said it was the kid I said so I don't need to turn around and freak out. He said no, he would rather I didn't.
Brooklyn got Don a bunch of car cleaning stuff and a few other things for Father's Day. I think he enjoyed it? Oh and I cleaned the house for once!

Oh wait...I forgot that the weekend before Memorial Day my old friend Roxi came up to visit!!
She is living in Elko with her 4 kids and her husband works for a Geothermal company that travels around Nevada drilling. He was in Fernley then and she came up to visit with him and made the trip to Carson Saturday to visit for the day. It was sooo nice to see her. It has been maybe 12- 14 years since I had seen her last. We lost touch some time after I had Brooklyn and she got married. I was so nice to laugh with her - their family has got the most infectious laugh and smile. I loved the visit! I loved being able to talk so freely about everything that has been going on. It was so therapeutic! Then that night we drove to Fernley with them to have dinner with her family. I was so happy that our husbands were able to meet. It was just a fun time. Her oldest Daphne looks so much like I remember her looking when we first met in the 3rd grade. Her 3rd Owen resembles her dad so much to me. Like a little Fred! I can't wait to see her again. I think I may take the girls to Elko before the end of summer to give Don a break for the weekend.

I had a bad hair day. Rita cut my hair. It is shorter then I like it to be. Like to my shoulders. I hate it. My hair is too big, thick and almost curly to be short. I just get mushroom hair. So I am debating to cut it all the way short or stick it out for a year to let it grow.

Ava - our little monster! She is cute alright. But a terror! She crawls and climbs into and on top of everything. She fights for the phone, the computer, the remote, if she sees that you have something that she wants she will make a quick B line for it and then climb all over you until she gets it. She still screams like a teradactyl. She also does fishy face, and the "Oh" face and claps for everything. She has such a lively personality, until she gets around strangers and then she just stares them down. Gives them the "Oh please do you think I am stupid look?". I love that!

Brooklyn just got done with Science camp Friday. ***It has taken me all week to write this***
She had fun, but not as much as she had in the past. Too much girl drama. Her team buddy is a girl she had never met before and they got along great for the first couple of days and then let the 4th grade drama fly!

This week we have another appt in SF, Ava will have to have and MRA - like an MRI but different. She will be put under for it. They are looking to see how far the hemangioma has grown and to see if her has any vascular abnormalities in the head.
We are going to be there for 2 full days this time. That will be nice that we aren't going up and back like we have in the past. I booked us in this hotel on Fisherman's Wharf that we have walked by and I always want to stay there but the room price is usually over $300. a night. I found it on Expedia on sale for about 50% so Don said go ahead and book it!!! The hotel is nautical themed and they will give you a goldfish during your stay if you would like! I am so excited about it. It isn't feeling so much like a boring Dr. appt trip!
And my parents are going to meet us there! That will make it even more like a vacation!!
Sadly, I didn't book their room when I booked mine - : ( they have to pay a higher price.
I am way looking forward to it! Hopefully I will take a lot of pictures and you will all be jealous that you weren't there!
My folks are taking Brooklyn home with them and Don and I and Ava are going to stop in Sacramento, we had fun family stuff planned for the way home but now we just get to do adult stuff, well adult stuff with the baby. I intend on laying by the pool and increasing my risk of skin cancer by 50% while Don and Ava nap in the hotel room.

No comments: