Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lemon Raspberry Cake...Yummy!!



A few years ago when I worked at the Church office building in Salt Lake City I made a birthday cake for a woman there. She wanted a raspberry cake. So I "created" a raspberry frosting by mixing frozen raspberries with cool whip.

While as of Sunday (Father's Day) I have perfected this recipe! It is soo delicious!



You will need


1 white cake mix

egg whites - whatever the cake calls for

applesauce - I used cinnamon (use applesauce instead of oil in cake - I used 1 tsp more applesauce then box calls for oil ex: 1/3 cup oil I used 1/3 cup plus 1 tsp applesauce - Get it?)


2 round cake pans - sprayed with non stick cooking spray


1 package Lemon pudding

-milk for the pudding recipe


1 small tub cool whip

bag of frozen raspberries or 3 of the little containers of fresh raspberries (which i now prefer)



So here's what you do:


Make the cakes according to recipe on box - subsituting oil with applesauce.


Let them cool to at least room temp


While you are waiting prepare your lemon pudding - according to the PIE instructions on the box - not the pudding instructions. Let that set up in your fridge.


In another bowl mix the tub of cool whip with one and a little bit of the raspberries, kinda smooshing them up a bit while you stir together to break them up.


When your cakes are cool place bottom cake on serving dish. Spread lemon pie filling over - leaving about 1/2 inch around edges. Layer raspberries on the lemon mixture around the end and a few through the center.

Place your top cake on top of the raspberry lemon mixture and frost top of that cake with your cool whip mixture. Garnish with remaing raspberries.


Put in the fridge to get all cold and it is soo yummy!! ENJOY!!!

4 comments:

LuLu said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will let you know if it turns out! Everyone else should try it too, as I usually mess up my first attempts! Thanks again!

Erica said...

YOU WILL LOVE IT!

IT WOULD BE VERY VERY HARD TO MESS IT UP! GOOD LUCK!

Jess said...

That looks so yummy! Way to go! I will have to try it sometime.

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

So Awesome! That looks like work! I don't think I should try to replicate that one Erica. Although you have given me the first cooking lessons that I can remember. I will always remember learning how to make grilled cheese sandwiches and scrambled eggs from you. Thanks! Your cake is beautiful!