Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Olympic thoughts and observations

Until we went to San Fransisco this week for Ava's Dr. appt our family has been glued to the TV watching the Olympics. OK maybe not GLUED but they were on A LOT!!

I started watching opening ceremonies trying to decide which countries and races I wanted my girls to marry into. I am medium/light olive complexion. My girls ....mmmm not so much. So we need to increase the Brown factor. I have a special place in my heart for brown people...tee hee ok enough of that. So I have decided that Brooklyn needs to marry someone of Armenian, Italian, Greek, Spanish (from Spain folks), Middle Eastern, Thai, any island really. She thinks that I am crazy. She thinks she likes blonde hair and blue eyes. I keep telling her that she's wrong! We only have 15 more years! As far as Ava goes we will need to wait to see what her complexion turns out like, but most likely she will need to marry someone of a more exotic backround so the brown gets turned back up in our blood line.

* Observation * Does Crest not export their Crest White Strips over seas? Why are we the only country with pretty white teeth? I wanted to hurl every time I saw a toothy smile that looked like they just took a bite out of a block of butter.

* Did you know power walking was an Olympic sport!?? And the trampoline too? Actually the trampoline was pretty fun to watch.

I feel so badly for the loosers of hostile countries. You know if and American, Canadian or Britain lost their event they would go home disappointed and maybe beat themselves up over it the rest of their lives, but they would go on to live a happy and productive life other wise. I feel so badly for some of the other countries like, China & N Korea just to name a few, who you know once they got home would be given the Uday and Qusay treatment. * that was a reference to the torture that the Hussein brothers used to bestow on losing teams.* Any way it makes me sorry for them.

1 comment:

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

I feel so bad, because I did not get to watch even one second of the Olympics this summer. My kids would have gone crazy over it too. I still remember Mary Lou Retton from when I was in 1st or 2nd grade. I thought for sure I would be an Olympic athlete. I worked really hard to try and do the splits after watching her.