Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gotcha...Whose laughin now??

So I have had this squirrel in our yard for a year or so. I used to love it. I thought he was cute.
Then he started digging under the houses (ours and Bill's) so last year Bill flooded his burrows and we thought that he was gone.
This spring he was back. He was just so cute and I welcomed him to stay....until I say that little craphead digging up my tulip bulbs, that I just planted, and eating them!

It was time, he had to go! I tried flooding his burrows but ending up flooding the neighbors back yard because he had dug just right into their yard. Don was sweet enough to buy me a human trap, I don't want to kill it, I just wanted to relocate him. We had the trap out in different parts of the yard for about a week. I finally put the trap in a flower bed outside my kitchen door and I watched him reach in the side and take the seeds and nuts out, he was mocking me. He would openly stare at me as he ate from the bird feeder or drank from the bird bath. I watched him stare me down with his big beady eyes and laugh at me. We decided that we would give it one more day until we had to pull out the Decon. Finally the the final day before he was going to meet his not so humane demise he got caught! YEA!!!

Don and Brooklyn took him up to the mountains and released him. No pictures were taken, because I was just too excited to get him out of my yard!

1 comment:

Erica said...

anyone else notice I spelled "Human trap" not "Humane trap"?? I could correct it - but why? it is funnier this way