Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What have we been up to lately???

Funny that you should ask.
Rather then writing a blog with actual words I was just planning on tossing up some pictures and with a few captions below and calling it a post for another month or so. Until....my little she devil ...I mean.. haha until Ava got a hold of my computer. I let her play with my laptop. She likes it and she isn't screaming when she is pounding the keys, my picture file is on that computer. I have deleted last month's pictures from my camera already because they are on my computer. Ava some how flipped my screen to be horizontal instead of vertical and I so don't have the patience to figure out how to flip it back. So I am going to do the long boring writing blog that no one reads any way. But I don't want you asking what I have been up to lately if you choose not to read this! And then if you want to see my kids it looks like you are just going to have to come up and visit me then!

Don's Grandma Phyllis passed away shortly after my blog about her party. It happened very quickly. She is much happier now. I enjoyed spending that last day with her. She reminded me a lot of my Grandma Carol, just spunky and funny and a take no crap kinda woman so I liked being around her for that reason. Makes me feel closer to home.

Don's mom and sister came up to visit a few weekends ago. Shannon drove them the entire way!!! That is big news for her, she is terrified to drive and was able to do it - she was doing in in memorial for her Grandma - it was a personal trip for her. I am very proud of her spreading her wings! We had a great time. Honestly, no complaints. Pam (mom) stayed here with us. Shannon and Little Mario stayed with Sean and Mandy. Big Mario flew in from a race the last night. Sean and Mandy had us all over for dinner at their house the first night with Mandy's family Sean BBQ'd or his father in law did anyway! They are another family that I dig being around because I feel like I am home again.
Then Sunday night we had everyone over here for a big dinner. I loved the house full of people. Even though the house is small it is still nice to have everyone cram in and chat and laugh.
Don's daughter Lorelei, who I mentioned is pregnant, has a pogo stick that is in our garage and Brooklyn tries to pogo stick all of the time (great picture of that to come!) and hasn't been able to figure that out yet. She mentions it to Lori and next thing I know I am outside take pictures of Lorelei on the Pogo stick and she is 14 weeks along! Oh my goodness the only thing that would impress me more then her pogo sticking while pregnant is if she does it in labor too! She is such a sweet woman! She and Ryan are the happiest soon to be parents that I have ever met.
I got my first good pictures of Naliea, Don's #1 Grand Daughter, smiling while she watched her Auntie Lori jump on this thing. You really will love these pictures!

Shannon was harassing me about when the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Brownies were going to be ready and I had come out to tell her to stop harassing me and wrapped my arms around her arms - as she was sitting sideways - and was squeezing what I thought to be her upper arm and then I realized it was her boob. I was totally fondling my sister in law. We laughed and laughed and laughed. I said I felt like I should at least kiss her now or tip her or something. She pretty much didn't have much to say - she was a bit speechless.

In muchly awesome hockey news the REDWINGS are now in the Western Conference playoffs. I am so very excited about this. My goalie has been playing well during the playoff. Go Osgood!! Go WINGS!!

Hmm whatelse....

Last Saturday we had a Mother & Daughter Dress up lunch for Achievement Days. I don't have much dress up clothes...clarify... I don't have many clothes that I can still fit into anymore.
So I went as a baby. I was Brooklyn's date and Aria's also since Rita had to work. I read the list of dress up options and went with the baby - I have pacifiers at home and bottles etc. I got dressed up. Bows in hair I did pink blush on the apples of my cheeks. Brooklyn was a pirate (her halloween costume) and Aria was an outdoors girl when we arrived none of the other moms dressed up!! Can you believe that? One mom was wearing her "pjs" that was a cute white baby tee with lace trim and cute cotton capris. You would have never known she was dressed up. Her hair was still done ....ugh! Some kids mothers!! Live a little. Brooklyn said she was embarrassed for me at first but I wasn't so she thought it was pretty cool by the time we left. I have cute pictures of that too. GRRR

Brooklyn's flag football games start next week. I hope that they do well. I am very impressed with her and Aria. They really have to work hard to prove to their assistant coach that they aren't just there to look cute. They are the only 2 girls on the team - the league is co-ed but many girls just don't play. Her games are mostly on Wednesday a few on Monday so if you want to see them live in action let me know and I will give you the time and place.

I quite training for my marathon for a bit. Don told me that we are too poor for me to be able to go this July and secondly because I was getting very discouraged because I hadn't lost any weight and I was training pretty good there for a while. I finally did the blood work that the Dr. had written me when I went in for my anti depressants, when I was going crazy in January? Anyway found out why I hadn't lost more then like 5 lbs, my thyroid took a dump. Pretty much it died on me sometime around the pregnancy, but if it were dying before it could factor into my infertility issues. Nice to know! So I will be taking a synthetic thyroid supplement for ever and I am hopeful that it will help with the narcolepsy and over all sluggishness that I feel daily and maybe even drops some LBS!! I just started taking it yesterday. I am anxious to see if I will be able to feel when it "kicks in".

Don has a new work schedule he works Monday - Wednesday and has school Thursday. This schedule is completely conducive for anyone who wants to visit me. Hint Hint Hint Hint!

I have like 20 pictures that I am posting as soon as Don can fix my computer. So check back soon!

2 comments:

Candice said...

I'm so proud of you for dressing up with Brookie! I was Activity Days leader for 2 years and I would have been ticked if the parents hadn't participated. Were the leaders dressed up? I can't wait to see your pictures!

Erica said...

Nope no leaders were dressed up either.
It chapped me!