Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thankful to be poor

A weird thing to be thankful for, ey? Well as many have said before me that money changes people - and I too would like to test that theory. However until my Dad wins the lotto - I say Dad because he buys tickets - ewww and assuming he shares the wealth - I will have to be thankful for being poor.

For August that means that things will be especially tight. We have Don's truck registration due, our trip next trip to San Fransisco, school starts for Brooklyn and for me. Then the first of September for Labor Day we will be going to Hurricane to visit my family for peach days/family reunion! WOO HOO. This also means we are poor because our mortgage is paid. If we had left over money that would mean most likely that we had forgotten to pay the mortgage.
We are blessed. Our poor is some one else's rich. That is a lot to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Ben and Taryn said...

Being poor is ok with me too when I have my family around me and know that they are all I need to be truly happy. And you have a great family too.