Friday, October 24, 2008

Just an update

CONGRATULATIONS! BAILEY PATTERSON!!! Linda's daughter made the cheer leading team at her school! She is a total cutie and a soccer star - totally happy for her! I told her that I may have to break my ban on hating cheerleaders now....except she is jock still too - and Alexa is my niece so I don't hate her either.


2 weeks until Chicago! Yeah. I am getting more nervous, not for no good reason but Don had originally thought that he was going to have a leisurely weekend where he and the girls just hung out. Since soccer was officially over 1 week ago. Monday while we were eating dinner and we get a call from Brooklyn's coach that she had made the all star team!! Yeah for her! She was voted in by 4 of the 6 coaches on her overall performance. Anyway the games go all weekend the weekend that I am gone! HAHA Don will have to feel the pain of taking the baby to a cold soccer game all by himself - he hasn't had to do it yet - alone. She also has her play practice every day that week. It will be interesting to see how he handles it! She already keeps me busy everyday after school. I am so glad I only have one kid old enough to participate in activities!


Monday was our 3 year anniversary, I can't believe that it has only been three years, in the best possible way it feels longer. I always stutter telling people how long we have been married I always want to say 5 years - 7 years? Weird huh? I love him so much! I am so happy that I found him...actually he found me....so I am so happy that he found me.

Ava has been sick all week - that's never fun. She had double ear infections on Tuesday pink eye by Friday! That's GREAT!! Stacie said it best when I was describing how it sucks to try and give her any sort of medicine. She said, " Sounds like trying to give eye drops to a wolverine." Essentially, yes, yes it is. Oh yes - and she will only sleep in MY arms and only if I am rocking her in the rocking chair. Not so bad when you can watch TV all night long - oh yeah except our 2 year old POS projection screen TV bulb burned out! So I am in the rocking chair at all hours and they seem to drag on and on and on. The repair man says the bulb won't be in until next Friday. Don called Sony finally and ordered one and it should be here tomorrow! YEAH!

At Ava's ear infection appt this week our pediatrician was trying to listen to her heart and lungs and Ava kept ripping the stethoscope from her neck and off of Ava's chest. I had to restrain her like bear hug style so that the Dr could look in her ears and throat. Then Ava was screaming at herself and laughing because it makes an echo sound in there. She does that anywhere that is quiet and has great acoustics...like oh...Church and libraries. Our Dr. said "Oh wait until she learns a phrase like 'go to hell' or 'shut up' and begins to scream it at church, but I am sure you remember that from when Brooklyn was a baby." and I say, "no actually. I think I remember Brooklyn still being a pretty mild tempered child for the most part." "Oh well not this one, let me just warn you that you guys are really going to have your hands full with this one the next several years!" say the Dr. What a resounding vote of confidence! She scares me! She isn't 'offically' walking yet. She can. She just won't. She will when she wants to but for the most part she gets to where she wants to go by speed crawling.

So I think I am done. I will post pictures - maybe tonight. Maybe not.

No comments: