Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Mother's Struggle

I have an old friend Tiffany Barney, she and I used to work together at Cumorah Credit Union.
She started dating a guy, Sonny Kaufusi, from the Foothills Singles Ward before I had Brooklyn. I never did like that guy, and frankly he didn't like me because...well I was ornery even then I would tell him he was full of it!
Any way he is a complete looser and scum bag. They got married, I remember that Tiffany had moved out of his place within 6 months or something and their daughter was born in like 10 months, their divorce was one of the ugliest that I have ever seen.
With Tiffany's permission I am posting an article that recently ran in the Las Vegas Review Journal. I encourage you to also watch the video clip, it is shocking to think that this sort of injustice went on for so long and then when the legal system had finally caught up to him he did what any "innocent" man would do...he took off to his native land of Tonga.
Any way read it - watch the video - draw your own conclusion. http://www.lvrj.com/news/31247194.html
http://www.lvrj.com/news/31247194.html

6 comments:

LuLu said...

Thanks for posting this about such a ... well let's just say not so nice individual. He deserves to have his face on a billboard!

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

It is true. He should be on "America's Most Wanted." Especially because he is involved with helping children. That is sad and scary.

Tara said...

Hey Erica,
You need to talk to cari about this Judge. And I don't know if she is voted for state wide or not, but pass the word along NOT TO VOTE FOR HER. Cari can give you all the particulars, but she knows a family who has been fighting for two years to keep his daughters in Nevada. Their mother wants to take them to new mexico to live with her and a man who is on paroll. What is he on paroll for you ask? Sexually abusing his former step daughters!!! You can imagine the panic of this father at sending his daughters to live with this man, and why he would fight for two years to prevent this tragedy. Well, just recently, a certain judge approved moving them out of state and away from the protection of their family. They are now going to be in the care of this pedofile. Can you guess who? Yup, JENNIFER ELLIOTT! For your own protection, any of you Nevadans who may come under her juridiction MUST get her out of office!! VOTE! VOTE! Don't let her destroy any more children's lives.

Janelle said...

All I can say is WOW! Some people really are masters of illusions!

Erica said...

Janelle,
I know! He really tried hard to pull the wool over everyone's eyes!
But- Don't you remember that he would only date the young girls - 17 and 18 year olds? I thought that when he married Tiffany he had changed...not so much

Janelle said...

True True! haha, we were the girls in that age range when we met him too! Maybe that's why he always creeped me out a little bit!