Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Should I stay or Should I go?

So I have this one way free Southwest ticket it expires Nov. 9
I haven't been able to give it away all summer - of course maybe I could have if the contingency wasn't that they had to use it to come and see me,

Don has been telling me to use it since August, "Go see Brian, Amber, Becky or Stacie." So after much consideration, and some intimidation from Holly - I can't use it to go see Amber she is in Savannah and SWA doesn't fly there the closest airport is 3 hours away, and that would make for a LONG weekend.
Brian lives in Nashville and I would really like to take Brooklyn and Don with me if I went there.
I could use it to go to Vegas, but that's kinda lame tickets to Vegas are half the price and I just saw everyone there not long ago. I could always go to Chicago again and see Stacie and her new house. Since I have already done all of the touristy stuff in Chicago we could just hang out in the suburbs and relax. So I priced the return flight home and it is only $115.00, and we have a $50.00 gift card still - so apply that and after taxes and fees it's only like $86.00! Don wants me to do it, probably so that I stop whining about not having any friends. But I am nervous about flying Southwest that far? I actually have already booked my flight there using the free ticket ( so that way I have a seat Nov. 6)....but it isn't too late to change....what should I do?
I want to go!! BUT I am afraid to go??? It's silly - I know

4 comments:

Me said...

Good for you using the ticket to GO somewhere for yourself!! You need to do it. We flew to Orlando on Southwest, and it wasn't bad at all! Just take your own snacks, IPOD, and a book...and hope you don't get seated by a bunch of drunks like we did, but that can happen on any airline. From one dooms-day paranoid spaz to another, DO IT!!! YOU WILL BE FINE!!!!!!

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

You should go Erica! Maybe you can catch an Oprah show or something like that in Chicago. I am pretty sure it's free to get into one of those and you she gives out the coolest prizes to her guests! Moriya and I dream about going to an Oprah show together! One day we are going to see one. I wish I could come to Chicago with you! Lucky!

Mom said...

Have Fun! Are you leaving the girls and Don, I didn't get that part? Either way it will be fun, well no, it will be funer by yourself!!!

Me said...

Mom's right, it will be funner with no kids. Probably funnest with no kids and Don, but this is almost as good. GO!!