Sunday, February 15, 2009

PICTURES TO FOLLOW TOMORROW

Just an overview of what we have been up to.
School started back for me after MLK day. I have a full load of classes. I enjoy school. I like feeling like I am doing something productive. All of my classes are Tuesday and Thursday. I have homework hours Monday and Wednesday, I didn't have enough daycare hours with just the 2 days of school. I actually have been using my homework hours A LOT! I only have to take 1 math for my major and I am doing good in it so far I have a 93% but we are only 1/4 of the way through. I am also in Eng 1o2 - my teacher is out there and I have a Core Humanities class.
Back to my math teacher - he is tall and handsome and young oh yeah....and a math genius. I wish I had any friends I could set him up with! ahhaha sucks for the friends I don't have here.

Ava is doing great! She is talking and talking and talking. She has figured out that she can get on top of any surface she wants to if she pushes a dining chair to that surface she can get on top of the counters and the table. I have begun to put the chairs upside down when we aren't using them. She is just getting the cutest and funnest personality. When it's nigh nigh time she has to say goodnight to all of the pictures on our entertainment center, Grandma and Grandpa, Lexa and Riley and Baby Jase and Naliea, Mario and Evan. I mean everyone. It is funny. I am so thankful for her. When I threw out my back last wednesday I was just bending over to give her some snacks and I fell instantly to the floor. As I was crying out for help she brought me the phone, my cell phone, the remote control, she even was able to move the dowel in the kitchen sliding glass door, she was moving it to bang it on the floor - but made it possible for someone to get into the house!

Brooklyn's schedule is keeping me busy as usual! I made the mistake of telling her if it is a school activity she could do it! So Monday she has band and then sign language club after school, then indoor soccer practice after school. Tuesday she has basketball games, (soccer and basketball only overlap for one more month) Wednesday she has yearbook at 7:30am then the same schedule as Monday. Thursday she has math club after school. Friday she has Thinking Cap at 7:15am, they are an academic debate team. The math club and academic were programs that she had to get invited to participate in. I am thrilled that she is so active - I just wish she had her own car! ahahaha maybe in Jr. High her activities will slow down a bit as she figures out what her passions are.

Don is still busy! His schedule doesn't change much. He is getting closer and closer to graduation and I can't wait! He will start applying for jobs in May. We are praying that our house sells by then. We would rather rent for a few months and be out from underneath this house so we have no ties that bind us here. He is actually the one pressing hard for Vegas. I love him so much.
I am not one to gush. I am so thankful for him. He is determined and caring and thoughtful. He really is the perfect man and you all should be jealous! haha

So i will be posting pictures soon --hopefully by tomorrow

3 comments:

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

Erica! I am a horrible friend! I am so sorry you are going through all of these things. I didn't know, because I am so absorbed into my own little world. I feel bad that you are moving, because somehow Carson seems closer than Las Vegas, but I do visit Las Vegas too. I am sorry about everything. How is your back doing? Daisy is not saying one word. I need to go and have her hearing checked, I guess. Ava sounds like she is doing awesome! Love you Erica! I really do! I am sorry to be such a bad and useless friend. You are so awesome. I suck. At least you have Don! He is awesome too!

Tara said...

Hi Erica! I finally think I found out how to do the blog list you were asking about FOREVER ago. You go into customize at the top right corner. Then select add a new widget. There is one called a blog list that says it is new. I haven't done it on mine yet, because I think it will take a lot of time...If I want to read blogs I am up till 1 am!!
I hope everything goes well with your house and move. Love ya!
Tara

Me said...

I thought you were going to post pics. come on, I know you arent busy.