Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Weight Loss Update!

So since Jan 12, 2009 I have lost 47lbs- (I haven't weighed yet this week)!
Roxi asked how I was doing it, I eat 1200 cal or less a day and I work out at least 3 times a week - I try for 5 but don't kick myself in the butt if I miss as long as I get there at least 3 times a week.
While we were on vacation I didn't lose any weight but I didn't gain either. My dad and his damn black bean/queso nachos! I am sure I would have lost 3 lbs if I hadn't eaten them!
So in November when my folks were here we walked around the capital building while waiting for the Nevada Day Parade to begin, Brooklyn was following me around taking pictures of my substancial behind - annoyed then - thankful now. I still have a substancial behind but I I can see the difference and in the face too.
Before picturesSan Fran. June 2008Capital Building Nov. 2008Nevada Day Parade 2008


After May 6, 2008May 6, 2009 - Still aways to go - but making progress

I am staying very busy with school. I am taking my US/NV Constitution class over the summer as well as a 3 day a week yoga class, it's good for 1 credit so w/ yoga 3 days a week plus the gym I should be svelt by the end of July. .... hahaha.

My fall semester will be awesomely hard too - looking forward to it. I am going to pursue the nursing program, they make a ton more money then social workers - and they are always in need. So this fall I am knocking off my chemistry as well as a few other core classes. I have 3 biologies to take before I can apply to the nursing program - so I won't be able to apply for that until Jan. 11, for admittance in the fall of 11. I need to ace the chem and bios to get in. So i will be busy busy for a while. I have always wanted to do nursing, but thought it was going to be too hard, but after acing my math class this semester I am feeling a bit more secure with my intellectual abilities. I will graduate with my AA the fall of 10, prior to applying to the nursing program so there is a lot going on. I am very excited about all of it though. I finally feel like I am secure enough and smart enough to pull it off.

I am thinking I either want to be a school nurse so I get the summers off, however the State starts their psych nurses out at 60k a year - and a lady in my ward is a psych nurse at a hospital here in Reno, she has been the driving force in talking me out of social work, she insists that they make no money, her son told me (he is in my math class) that she wants me to consider nursing and told me how much she makes, as a pysch nurse she makes over 120k a year - as opposed to a psych social worker 55k year. woowzah - I am still leaving myself open to bail on it if I don't get an A in chem in the fall. Hopefully it will be a piece of cake.

7 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

That is awesome girl! Ben and I have just started to lose weight this month and thanks for the encouragement! You look great!

Lindsey said...

Good for you! I still say nursing would be too hard! I wanted to be a dental hygenist, but didn't feel like getting all A's, so I got a teaching degree instead. You do look good, gotta love before and afters! Randy just got off this crazy diet where he lost like 27 pounds in three weeks.

Cari J said...

You are good enough, you are smart enough, and doggone it, people like you! :) I think nursing would be fun, but I think the math involved in the sciences that you have to pass to get to that point would knock me out of the running. I keep telling Roger he needs to go for nursing. It's all right up his alley :) Don't listen to my smart A@$ comment on Facebook :) You'll do great!

Rachel said...

Yeah Erica! You look great! I wish I had your motivation... soon, soon. Post-graduation I can start making non-school goals! :) I think its awesome that you're pursuing nursing too! Way to make all the rest of us look bad! ha ha. Oh, btw, Cari... you spelled a word wrong. I think you meant to say @$$ or maybe A$$.. I dunno, but A@$ isn't a word. :)

Erica said...

Thanks guys for the support, I have measurements and accomplishments that I was going to post too - but will leave that for next update.
Carrie, I am glad you picked up my Stewart Smiley, I am good enough! hahaha the math hasn't been hard at all, actually. I am more of a literal thinker though, english however is jacking my gpa this semester, may get a B, too subjective...

Candice said...

Good job Erica! I could never be a mom, eat healthy, exercise, AND go to school at the same time! I'm moving this month so my diet has gone to the toilet. Apparently I can only stress about one thing at at a time! I'm so proud of you!

Tara said...

I was thinking when you were down here that you were looking like you had lost a lot of weight! You look really great, it is hard and you are doing a great job! You go girl!