Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In case of emergency press this button

So for those of you with in home security systems this is for you.

We have an alarm system for the house and it came with a key fob that allows me to set and unset the alarm from the front door or the car. It also has a blue emergency button that sets off a silent alarm you know in case you are getting attacked or something, and in case you have ever wondered if it works....it does.

2 weeks ago, of course on a Tuesday night when Don isn't home I get a phone call at about 10 o'clock pm from the Carson City Sheriff Dept. telling me that I have an officer on my front door and they are responding to a silent alarm call from my house. I ask for 5 minutes to get dressed - I was not permitted that time. I was told to throw a rob on and open the door. That's what I did.
Ava my very very active 1 year old had been playing with my keys that night and had evidently pressed the silent alarm button.
The officer wanted to walk through the house and make sure that no one was here holding me against my will. It is nice to know that they system works - but I it was rather embarrassing!

1 comment:

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

Sorry Erica. It is good to know that the police are so thorough. Daisy is going through the same phase. She is fascinated with my purse, and dumps it out every chance she gets. I just lost my cell phone! Arghh!