Tuesday, December 2, 2008

November update

November has been an incredibly busy month.
Lets start with well....my birthday of course! My birthday is the first of November and I had told Don that all I wanted to do for my birthday weekend was clean the yard, we have 13 trees in the back yard that all shed and then several more in the front so by the first of Nov we had boat loads of leaves that needed to be cleaned up. He agreed.
We were just planning on trick or treating with Brooklyn and her friends and then yard work for the weekend. So I thought. Don has class Thursday night and doesn't get home until after 10 usually and usually he doesn't care what I do on Thursdays, this particular Thursday Brooklyn had her play practice until 5:30 and then soccer practice immediately afterwards, she changes in the car, then after soccer I had a few errands to run. During this time Don kept calling me ,"Where are you at? What time do you think you will be home?" etc etc. I was beginning to get annoyed. "Why do you care? It's a Thursday evening! I will be home way before you! Don't worry about it!" We get home. I get Ava's diaper changed and I go to change my clothes, I had been pooped on, and then the doorbell is ringing. HOLY CRAP, who the heck is here it's nearly 8:00!? I have Brooklyn go and see who it is, she comes back to my bedroom and tells me that it's trick or treaters. WHAT!? That's not until TOMORROW. I through on whatever is handy, not matching and no bra - it's a great look. I stomp to the door preparing to tell some punk ass kids to come back tomorrow. I through the door open - scowl plastered firmly on my face so that whoever it was on the other side of this door will know I am in no mood to be toyed with. I hear Trick or treat! It's my Mom and Dad! They had come up to surprise me for my birthday! And of course they weren't empty handed. If you are a blog reader of my sister or sister in law you know that my parents gave us Wii Fit and Guitar Hero for our birthdays.
I was shocked! It was all making sense at that point, that's why Don was so crazy with the nonstop phone calls! Evidently he had been planning it for some time.
We had a great weekend, they got to sit through a bit of the Nevada Day Parade. Then we went to breakfast, haha Don had the group over and had brought home Olive Garden for everyone. Isn't he sweet?
About those games though - I suck royally at Guitar Hero, you have to have hand eye coordination. I lack. Here is my impression of the WII fit lady, it is better if you heard me do it, just imagine. You stand on the table thing and it weighs you. Then it blasts your BMI across the TV screen then it says, "Erica you are ...." the options are obese, overweight etc you get it-
but mine says, "Erica you are a lard ass" Now why in the world do I want a TOY to tell me I am fat every time I play it? Except it is super duper fun and I ROCK at the ski jump!
This game is the future cause anorexia among little girls, that thing says that Brooklyn needs to loose like 6 pounds!
Then the next weekend I went to Chicago to visit Stacie and to use my free ticket that none of you losers wanted to use to come and visit me. :) I am disappointed to report that I didn't take any real pictures, just a few of her apartment. I wish I could go back and take tons of us doing nothing. We shopped and ate and shopped and ate. It was so nice that we were able to shop at one store and try everything on and on again, we stayed in one store for like 2 hours! It was awesome! All in all it was a great trip. Minus the drunk kid who decided to sit next to me and kept getting up to throw up.
While I was gone Brooklyn had the All star soccer tournament, that all went off without a hitch even without me here to make sure.
The following two weekends Brooklyn was in the children's production of 101 Dalmatians. She was GREAT! I am so proud of her! We went to all six shows and Ava loved the music and dancing. Then last Monday, 1 day after her final play, she had her tonsils removed. She stayed home from school last week and seems to be healing well. She was bummed because she could not eat Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, even though we did our Thanksgiving Sunday night so she could eat with us. Thursday all we did was go to a buffet so she could load up on pudding and mashed potatoes. She has requested pizza, tacos, hamburgers, chips and salsa and apples when she can eat hard food again.
What we have going on now is: Brooklyn is playing basketball this season we are only into the practices, games don't start until after Christmas. She is going to try out for Annie this weekend. And then yesterday she received an invitation from PEOPLE to PEOPLE organization to be a Youth Sports Ambassador to play in the Youth Friendship Games this July in AUSTRIA!
I am looking into the organization and they seem legit. Roxi said she went to DC with them in high school. I just don't know if this is once in a lifetime opportunity or will she get these invitations every year? I am going to the parent meeting in January to learn more then we will decide.
I have finals next week. I can't believe that my first semester back to school (again)is finished!
We got a little economic stimulus package from my parents before Thanksgiving and I am proud to say that I have all of my Christmas shopping done and shipped off. All except our old folks - we are adopting grandparents this year from the senior center.
Ava is walking and running. She is into EVERYTHING!!! I don't know how we are going to put up our Christmas tree. She and the puppy are double trouble they buddy up to wreak havoc! She pulls stuff down from tables and he takes off with it.
As for Don, he is still working that we are grateful for. We are in another budget cut scenario and are hoping that he doesn't get laid off. I am not particularly thrilled with all of the government bailouts that have been happening. HOWEVER - if the President is going to be giving trillions of dollars away bail out the States! Bail out Nevada so Don doesn't lose his job!
Hmm I think that's about it for November?

1 comment:

Me said...

Thanks for the update. I knew how busy you were last month, but written out it sounded like even more. Do you have any pics of Brookie in her play? I want to see. What an awesome kid doing this one and trying out for Annie!
Are you going to pay her $20 for every play she trys out for like you did me?