Thursday, January 29, 2009

No love??

First of all ----you all suck!! I asked for some help! I need some tunes! If you are just passing through comment! GEEZ! All the crap I get from you people when I don't post and then when I do no one comments! Geez - no love

In a nut shell - I am always conflicted as to my feelings about Carson City. I love the area, no lie. I love the trees, the snow, the mountains, the seasons, the leaves in the fall, that people here think we live in a desert, and that Lake Tahoe is a stones throw from my house (assuming you can throw pretty hard). I love that Brooklyn has been able to be a part of so many fabulous opportunities - the big fish or even medium fish in a small pond is very much in effect here.
I however, still struggle with the people. I have found it very hard to make friends, now that I am going to school I have become friends with a woman who has a similar demographic, married, kids 30+ and a freshman in college. Outside of her I don't have many friends, although I try the people I have come across are flaky at best. So now I am in a position where I was asked to throw a baby shower for a friend from church. Flash back 17 months or so to my baby shower that was given to me by some friends from church and the 5 people that showed up. I am not bitter over the people that came it is all the fake people who kiss your ass to your face and act all phony to your face and then don't even bother making an appearance at your baby shower and it isn't like I am the girl who is on her 4th and having ANOTHER baby shower from the same ward. - it was my first in 10 years - pretty much I was in need. So I am fighting this bitter feeling throwing a shower for on of the throwers of mine. I am more organized and plan things better, my shower I feel was kinda thrown together, not many people knew about it. So I am fighting feeling bitter, that people will be there, more people will be there then were there for mine. She is going to get gifts that I had to pay for out of my own pocket etc etc etc. And I know this is her first kid in 5 years but still, I am planning like I am going to have fun - but I know I am going to get there and just get my feelings hurt. I know that will be my choice to get hurt feelings but I may not be able to help it. I told Holly, I am going to have to buy myself that $80.00 stroller I want as my late baby shower gift, after this shower!

Don always mentions moving back to Vegas. He wants to. I am the one digging in my heels. We moved here to be close to his kids. Brooklyn has opportunities here that I am not sure she would have down there. I am making friends, just not church people, is this one of those things that parents sacrifice for their kids? Brooklyn has great friends and is involved with everything. Not to mention I don't know what we would do with this house if we moved? I guess after Don's graduation if he gets a job offer in Vegas we will move - ???? I am hoping the Lord knows what he is doing with all of this.

3 comments:

Connie and Rob said...

I love you!! I'm sorry about the friends thing. I've never learned how to be a good friend myself, so I think I'm a little too much like the people up there! But I still love you - even when I let you down and even though you have a baby that I haven't even seen yet! I can't believe that!! Hope things look up. Hope you have fun with the party you are planning - because you really are a good party planner!! I'm glad you have Don and your little family. Many blessings! Love ya!!

Candice said...

Sorry I didn't comment on your last post. I think I'm just ashamed to tell you that I jam out to Whitney Houston's greatest hits or my Les Miserables 10th Anniversary Celebration CD. I hope everything works out with your shower and future plans. (You should move to Salt Lake!) Ü

Totaldoll said...

I know how it feels to have no friends in a ward and feel like you are in need... We moved into this new ward less than 5 days after I got our of the hospital for Heart Surgery... I made sure I notified them more than a month in advance and let them know the situation... I was going to need help!

Well 2 people showed up to unload the truck and not a soul from the New relief society Checked in.. I made it to church about the second sunday for a bit... I tried to be friendly but found the ward much smaller than our last and in a much older area where many of the people had been there for years! Months went by before I was assigned visit or home teachers... Jared is basically completely inactive now adays so here I was with my 2 year old going to curch by myself and struggling... I found myself like you starting to get bitter... Then I took a risk... I kept getting emails about all sorts of stuff from a lady in the ward... I did a reply all and introduced myself... And said hey... look.. I need friends!
Then I threw a food tasting party... and it helped!.. I Still don't have as many as I did in my old ward.. But have made a few that have been friends that have been really important to me!


We miss you lots sorry we haven't kept in better touch.. its been a very hard year.. one car accident, 3 heart surgeries all while working full time and trying to take care of the rest of my life!
I would love for you to move back to Vegas... The closer to us the better! Better Run.. I lost track of time and now will be late to church! Again... ITs tough doing it alone! But I hope I'm being a good example to Jared and that he'll find his way back!